Thursday, March 22, 2007

Virtual Real(i)ty

Ganga Prasad G. Rao http://myprofile.cos.com/gangar

Lis'ning to Bon Jovi's 'When you make love, do you look in the mirror?'
and watching the Sermons of the Lord on Daystar TV (by the way, the only window to nature)
I couldn't but muse at the incongruity of me and the world around
of 'posites living in apparent harmony waiting to explode at the slightest
provocation
Born free, enslaved since; living in a concrete jungle denser than Amazon
even as I yearn for Alaska
I worry I might get used to this insanity, and worse yet,
my children wouldn't notice the difference!
Or appreciate truth from the lie, good from bad, innocence from malice, greed
from need, compromises from sacrifices or even cause from effect
Perhaps I am behind the times; I know I am not getting any younger
Left behind in the 'mobile' revolution, I feel so distanced
from my peers and the 'GenNext' as they beep their way to anonymity
I remind myself, I am not alone in this quagmire
that this world has been hijacked by the right
the right that marginalizes the pure, the intelligent, the righteous and the innocent
and puts the devil to shame in justifying their end
with the needs of the poor
Do I work 9 to 5 to impoverish myself and enrich the rich?
and invest in the stock market that cares not for God's Earth,
but the next moment and a half!
I worry where this population-bubble driven, consumerist economy is heading to
and what happens to the 'GiveItToMeRightNow' generation
as they gaze for hours at stupid cartoons or swinging hips
Could this just be the end of the road?,
the 'slight' at the end of the tunnel for the 'nuclear generation'?
Is God aware where this is leading to?
Is he powerful enough, or even willing,
to fight the lie for imbeciles and the undeserving
and set the world back on track?
Perhaps, this is God's test, a game?
If God had a game what would it be?
Would he lure us with sin? With money and 'key'?
Would he drive the tribals out of their forest homes
and supply hydro-electricity
to their roadside virtual realty?
Would he take away land from impoverished farmers
so they may drive in their Tata car
munching Doritos, sipping Pepsi?
Would he? Would he?
Yeah, Yeah, God is Great; Yeah, Yeah, God is Good.........
What if God was one of us?
Just a meek one like all of us
Waiting for the State to act
for Courts to enforce the law
for goodsense to prevail?
I wouldn't bet on it!
I say God is trying to get away from it all
Anyone by name Atlas? !

ps:
Do I have to say the word? Do I have to shout it out?
Yes, the song is plagiarized. Do I have to acknowledge that too?